Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Summertime Baked Potatoes NO HEAT in KITCHEN

I live in Texas- so cooking and heating up the house with the oven on is NOT an option.  So, instead of firing up the grill outside for a good baked tater, just put them in the Slow Cooker!

SLOW COOKER BAKED POTATOES

Prepare just like you would if you were cooking on the grill or in the oven.
* Clean the Potato
* Wrap in Foil

(Lately, I have been experimental and have started adding spices to the potato before I wrap it in foil. For example: A tad of Sea Salt or any flavor you think will take good on a potato)  I think I will try the butter sprinkles some time to see if I can get that taste without the calories.

Place the potatoes in your Slow Cooker and turn the settings to LOW 6-8 hours (if you have that much time) or HIGH 2-3 hours.   Depending on the settings for your Slow Cooker, I'd check on them after a few hours to see if they are softening up.  If you put 10 in a bowl, they are going to take longer, of course.

That's it!  ENJOY!



No comments:

Post a Comment