Monday, May 20, 2013

Easy Simple Roast

Roast reminds me of Sunday afternoons after church growing up in Texas.  My mother would always have a roast cooking for lunch, so we'd walk into the house and the roast aroma would fill the house.  Walking in the door was a wonderful- as the smell of roast and potatoes would waft and hit you in the face.  The problem with this was I simply did not like my mother's roast.  I hate to say it mom- but of all the things you cook so well- I just lost interest in roast. So, fast forward to many years later.  I tried cooking a roast or two or 100 in a regular roasting pan, flavoring it and adding the potatoes and carrots- I still just didn't like it.

Then one day- I was broke (had just become a single mom) and tired.  I bought a chuck roast- poured A1 sauce on it and placed it in the slow cooker.  It was delicious!!!  Over the years, I've done a few things to add to the flavor, but this is my favorite and simple roast in the slow cooker. 

Easy Simple Roast: 

1.  Buy a chuck roast.  Chuck roasts are fatty, but I like to choose one with a good section of meat without the fat.  The fat is what makes this roast so delicious, however the meat is what you're going to eat.  I prefer my chuck roast to be thick too. 

2. Spray your slow cooker with a non-stick spray.  (I do this with all food)

3. Cover your roast with A1 Sauce- don't over do it- but make sure the roast is covered with the steak sauce.

4. Cook on low for 10-12 hours.  

* I like mashed potatoes on the side with this roast instead of the potatoes in with roast.  However you can add whichever side dishes you prefer.  

This roast is SO easy and SO delicious.  The steak sauce cooks into a nice thick and somewhat gooey covering for the roast. 

I actually keep the roast on low or "warm" for hours later to get some of the roast side a little "crunchy"- which I love. 

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment